Selling a Home
Selling a house can be stressful. Making the decision, preparing the house for sale, keeping it clean, waiting for a buyer, dealing with offers, and advancing to the closing table – all of these steps can involve discomfort. This is a huge financial transaction with many emotional aspects. But you can get it done – and it may even be easier than you anticipate.
One thing to keep in mind is that you’re not alone. An experienced, professional real estate agent can guide you through the process, help resolve any issues that come up, and ensure that your home sells for the optimal price in a timely manner.
Comparative Market Analysis
You’ve decided to sell your home, so what is next? Pricing your home is obviously a key part of the home selling process. A home that is under-priced needlessly costs the client potential return. An over-priced home can remain on the market for an extended amount of time, forcing the seller to either wait out a long listing period or have to adjust down the asking price. Getting the pricing right from the start avoids these potential pitfalls.
To get us started I will prepare for you what is called a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) of your house. This compares your home to others in the area that are either currently listed, under contract, or have recently sold. Other things that can factor into the CMA are supply and demand, craftsmanship, and the amenities of your home.
The CMA will help us to determine the fair market value. What is “fair market value”, you may ask? In short, fair market value is the highest price that an informed buyer will pay for your home. Establishing fair market value will enable us to sit down and discuss in detail the pricing of your home. I want to help you settle on a price that you feel is competitive and consistent with the current market.
I understand that all of this can be a bit overwhelming, so feel free to call or e-mail me at any time. Please also explore my website, it has a lot of information to cover your real estate needs. I’m here not only to sell your home, but also to serve as a resource for you during this exciting time. I would love to be of assistance to you.
Marketing Your Property
The single most important aspect of a home sale is the proper marketing of the home.
Here is a list of 25 things I can do for you.
1. Initial interview to determine your needs and gather property information.
2. Check the property history on county public records and MLS.
3. In-depth analysis of current market data to set a mutually agreeable list price.
4. Assistance in filling out required disclosures and listing agreements.
5. Assist you in evaluating your property and determining any cost effective repairs
6. Take professional photos to showcase your homes best features.
7. Develop professional ad copy for use in sign boxes and/or flyers.
8. Place detailed description and multiple photos in local MLS.
9. Place electronic lock box to allow easy access to all member Realtors.
10. Place RE/MAX Palm Realty sign on your property.
11. Develop a virtual property tour and place the link in the MLS.
12. Enhance listing photos and descriptive text on Internet sites.
13. Feature your property on my personal web page.
14. Syndicate listing to all partner web sites reaching millions of potential buyers.
15. Mail post cards to potential buyers in the neighborhood.
16. Send emails to prospective buyers.
17. Write blogs about the property and feature the property on social networks.
18. Conduct an open house (optional).
19. Follow up on all inquiries from the web sites through lead systems.
20. Follow up on all showings and provide you with meaningful feedback.
21. Provide you with expert negotiating assistance on all offers.
22. Attend home inspections with buyers.
23. Monitor your transaction to assure all conditions and deadlines are met.
24. Review the HUD settlement statement with you for accuracy.
25. Attend the closing with you if you so desire.