There are a lot of ways to save money on expenses at home. Here is a list:
1. Turn off the lights when you leave a room.
2. Turn off electronic gadgets when not in use such as computers, monitors, televisions, DVD players, and even cell phone chargers.
3. Wash full loads of laundry and dishes. This saves water and electricity.
4. Cook larger meals and use the leftovers for lunch the next day.
5. Lower the temperature on your hot water heater.
6. Change your light bulbs to fluorescent bulbs.
7. Set your thermostat at no higher than 68 in the winter and 78 in the summer.
8. Use Energy Star appliances and cordless phones.
9. Limit your time taking a shower to 6 minutes.
10. Use your microwave or a toaster oven instead of your full sized oven whenever possible.
Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL email@example.com